Thursday, October 17, 2013

Celebrating Kubuntu 13.10 release

This was such a nice release. Working with the team as part of the Council has all been delightful, and working with the rest of the documentation team was great, as well. We were very ambitious, and didn't finish all of what we started, but we're very proud of the documentation we're publishing with this release. We plan to finish and polish for the LTS 14.04. I loved being able to test a bit this round, as well.

Besides documentation, Kubuntu has lots of improvements this outing, and we now have paid support available, along with a shirt shop! See http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-13.10 for more information. I just ordered my polo shirt, and it took less than 5 minutes. Can't wait for mail from Finland!

I seed all the *buntu torrents each release. This time out, the torrents.ubuntu.com is maxed out! I hope to begin seeding more torrents tomorrow, when the servers are a bit less busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment